Happy New Year! (tomorrow.)
You may know that I choose one word every year as a theme for the year ahead. Last year's word was Beauty. In many ways, it was a year made more beautiful by my commitment to that theme (amidst some very intense personal growth and, well, struggle.) I plan to write out a review of the year, with the theme of beauty as a thread, in the weeks to come. But for today, we are moving forward! In this video, I reveal my One Word Theme for 2013. I do this in hopes it will serve as an example for another way you might like to think about your own year ahead.
Since it's a bit long, here are some time markers you can use to pick sections to watch/listen to, depending on your interests:
- 28 seconds: Where I acknowledge that the words on my shirt are backward
- 57 seconds: Why I choose a one word theme & what this has to do with YOU
- 1 minute, 57 seconds: My One Word Theme for 2013, Revealed – and the elements of it applied to the year to come
- 2 minutes, 26 seconds: About trust
- 3 minutes, 14 seconds: The moment of Delight
- 3 minutes, 45 seconds: Summary of the applied theme
- 3 minutes, 56 seconds: My favorite Part
- 4 minutes, 28 seconds: Questions for you – and an invitation to write or call me
Now, here's the video. I hope it serves you. Please share thoughts, themes, and reflections in the comments or by email with me! I'd so love to hear from you.