We talk a lot about self-expression on the podcast, and that's part of the reason why I'm so excited to share this week's conversation with you. My guest, Amy Johnson,
Amy helps people find freedom from their habits by encouraging them to use insight rather than willpower. In this interview, she shares how this concept applies to speaking anxiety and talks about how you can get in touch with the calm, confident part of yourself no matter what's going on. We also discuss her groundbreaking online program, The Little School of Big Change*, and how it can help you get grounded in the face of any anxiety.
If you're struggling with structuring your talk, my Get Started Speaking guide has The Only Presentation Outline You'll Ever Need!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Amy describes habits and how to gain freedom from them.
- Why grounding yourself in the calm part of yourself can help you give a talk (or persist through other anxieties) even in the face of strong emotion.
- How to move beyond trying to manipulate the content of your emotions and into a calm, confident frame of mind.
- Amy's thoughts on anxiety tools like tapping and breathing, and what she recommends.
- How Amy eventually saw past the “reality” that she was an anxious person — and got in touch with a natural, quiet, peaceful state instead.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Amy Johnson, PhD
- The Little School of Big Change*
- Being Human: Essays on Thoughtmares, Bouncing Back, and Your True Nature by Amy Johnson
- The Little Book of Big Change by Amy Johnson
- The Freedom Series*
- Download your free complete guide to stepping into leadership speaking right away here.
- I would love to know what resources, strategies, and stories you're looking for so I can serve you better on Beyond Applause! Leave me a rating and review on iTunes and let me know what you think!
*I'm a proud affiliate partner of The Little School of Big Change. It has made such a beautiful difference in my life and work and I believe it could offer similar gifts to your life and work, too.