Our brains don’t pay attention to boring things, but what’s beautiful is that what’s boring to one person is fascinating to another. When it comes to sharing your ideas, you should be bringing your full heart and soul and excitement to your audience, and this week, I’m showing you how!
Humans are storytelling creatures. Research shows that when a speaker is sharing a story with a certain level of detail, it brings the audience into their world and their brains will light up in a very similar way to the speaker’s brain. This beautiful connection happens, and this is the exact effect you should aim for when you communicate.
In this episode, I’m showing you how to make your information captivating, engaging, and dare I say – jaw-dropping – to the people you serve. Being boring is absolutely not an option, and whatever your topic area, there is an exciting way to share it. Get ready to feel empowered to help people move through the transformations they’ve been dreaming of!
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- How my experience of working in insurance helped me to always be captivating and engaging with my information.
- Why storytelling is a powerful way to not be boring.
- The importance of audience intimacy.
- How to share your passion in writing as well as in-person.
- Some great examples of speakers who are captivating and exciting.
- What you need to be captivating and engaging.
Featured on the Show:
- Get Michelle's FREE Guide & Checklist—5 Ways to Be More Captivating & Engaging as an ONLINE Speaker
- Connect with Michelle on social — Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Step into the industry leader you’re meant to be with the help of Michelle and a collective of coaching and wellness professionals. Click HERE to be among the first to know when we open the doors for the Coaches Leadership Collective again!
- Brilliance at Work Community Facebook Group
- Join us at the TL Collective if you want to share your ideas with clarity and conviction while changing the world along the way.
- Ep 5: Audience Intimacy
- Ep 4: How to Tell Your Founder Story
- Yes Yes Marsha
- Ep 17: The Only Presentation Outline You’ll Ever Need
- Brené Brown
- Hans Rosling | The best stats you’ve ever seen
- Kasiva Mutua | How I use the drum to tell my story
Listen to the Full “Can't Be Boring” Episode:
Enjoy the Show?