People are wired to pursue things that make them feel pleasure and help them to manage pain. Sometimes, this plays out in positive ways. Other times, this desire to avoid our feelings manifests in buffering activities like overdrinking and overeating.
My guest today is Angela Mascenik, the founder of the Stop Over-drinking and Start Living podcast and a life coach with a focus on helping professionals stop overdrinking to deal with their daily anxieties. Angela knows the pain of a life of over-drinking and overeating and through life coaching, she has dropped the weight permanently, quit drinking, and hasn't looked back.
We can become addicted to anything that makes us feel better, including negative thinking (ironically). Angela and I discuss our journeys to alcohol-free living and how understanding and managing our minds helps us with this.
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
✨ How humans are wired to search out pleasure and avoid pain.
✨ The path from Angela’s personal insight to her thought leadership message.
✨ Why it is important to recognize our feelings and learn how to deal with them.
✨ How to change your relationship with drinking.
✨ How this message went from a passion to a thriving business (and how you can do that, too!)
Featured on the Show:
- Get Michelle's FREE Guide & Checklist—5 Ways to Be More Captivating & Engaging as an ONLINE Speaker
- Connect with Michelle on social — Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Step into the industry leader you’re meant to be with the help of Michelle and a collective of coaching and wellness professionals. Click HERE to be among the first to know when we open the doors for the Coaches Leadership Collective again!
- Brilliance at Work Community Facebook Group
- Join us at the TL Collective if you want to share your ideas with clarity and conviction while changing the world along the way.
- Angela Mascenik: Website | Podcast | Facebook | Instagram
- Info on Angela's Stop Over-drinking and Start Living 6-month coaching program.
Listen to the Full “Personal Insight” Episode:
Enjoy the Show?