Anyone who has had to present information to a group of people will tell you how much anxiety can come from getting asked a question that you don’t have the answer to. I know what it is like to want to serve with your message while having fear around appearing as if you don’t know what you're doing.
Even if you are an expert in a topic there will always be something you don’t know. Simply being able to create a safe place where your audience feels heard can be a major key to managing a situation like this. Sometimes there are deeper frustrations behind a question, but we can respond in a way that honors the person while helping them find the answers they need regardless. Getting comfortable with not knowing everything is a great way to transform our relationship with the people we are speaking with.
My friends, it is okay to own not having all the answers and invite the brilliance in the room to contribute to the collective. Tune in today, as I share a structure tip for public speaking that will allow your audience to walk away with the core message and happy bliss needed to keep right on task! You will never know everything but you can still share your expertise confidently because you were made for this.
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
✨ How to share confidently and what to do when you don’t have an answer.
✨ That even if you are an expert no one knows all the answers.
✨ How to respond to a question you don’t have an answer to in a way that is helpful, and true for you.
✨ How to place a question-and-answer section in the best spot while public speaking.
✨ Ways to invite other people into the conversation who may be able to help.
Featured on the Show:
- Get Michelle's FREE Guide & Checklist—5 Ways to Be More Captivating & Engaging as an ONLINE Speaker
- Connect with Michelle on social — Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Step into the industry leader you’re meant to be with the help of Michelle and a collective of coaching and wellness professionals. Click HERE to be among the first to know when we open the doors for the Coaches Leadership Collective again!
- Brilliance at Work Community Facebook Group
- Join us at the TL Collective if you want to share your ideas with clarity and conviction while changing the world along the way.
- Join my email community by downloading the digital version of my free book: Beyond Applause: Make A Meaningful Difference Through Transformational Speaking
- Keep an eye on your inbox for these courses coming soon: Create Your Awesome Online Course Quickly | Craft Your Talk Course and register now for my Free Messaging Course
Listen to the Full “I Don't Know” Episode:
Enjoy the Show?