1. Sushi – Hamachi and Maguro Nigiri, California Roll with real crab (don’t judge me, I know this isn’t sophisticated), maybe a fancy roll with spicy tuna or some other chef special.
2. Oat Milk Latte topped with cinnamon, or Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon Dolce if it’s from Starbucks. (Is a latte “food”?)
3. Salted Dark Chocolate Almonds from Trader Joe’s. Take these away from me, I don’t know moderation with them.
4. Toasted almond cake (my favorite birthday cake my whole childhood). Where can I get some of this now? It’s been years.
5. Cheesecake – plain. Don’t mess with my cheesecake flavor by adding a bunch of random stuff that doesn’t belong, please.
6. Salmon with mango salsa. Or a creamy lemon basil sauce. Cooked just shy of done.
7. Curry chicken salad. With almonds and raisins, but not too many so it’s not overly sweet. Put this on a rice cracker and I’m in love with my snack. Also Chicken Yellow Curry for dinnerm – I know this is a totally different food but I wanted to sneak it in
8. Brie, tomato, fresh basil and a french baguette. Sitting on the couch, watching a good movie. Perfect evening.
9. Cardamom Pistachio roll from Stinson Beach, CA / Ocean Roll from Blue Sparrow Bakery in Bend, CA – so similar they get the same line in my list. So delicious you won’t even know how to wrap words around the experience. Flaky pastry, cinnamon sugar/caramely glaze, the perfect amount of cardamom.
10. Charcuterie Board. Array of cheeses, prosciutto, salami, candied nuts, dried figs & apricots, dark chocolate, plus crackers and fresh baguette slices… YUM.
Now you: What are some of your favorite foods?