From the time I was about 24 years old until I started my current alcohol sabbatical at 40 years old, I pretty much drank wine each night, all night.
It was like a slow drip anesthesia.
I’m sure I had some water in between and occasionally a cocktail or dark malty beer, but mostly it was wine.
When I decided to try a break from alcohol (after years of thinking and journaling about it), I honestly had no idea what I would do all evening (as if drinking wine was a “thing to do.”)
So, I started with some non-alcoholic wine and beer, which was okay for the transition but, as you might imagine, just kind of dissatisfying – especially the wine.
But now I enjoy all kinds of drinks throughout the day and evening. It’s fun to mix it up with my favorites – especially sparkly water, like LaCroix, lattes (as I’ve mentioned ad nauseum) and amazing hot tea on cold days.
Here are 10 of my favorite non-alcoholic drinks:
1. Dr. Kombucha Clear Mind, Organic Kombucha with Rosemary, Mint and Sage
2. Chai tea with oat milk
3. Peach-Pear LaCroix
4. Oat Milk Latte with Cinnamon on top
5. Harney & Sons Green Tea w Coconut, Ginger & Vanilla
6. Nojito – Non-Alcoholic Mint Mojito. It’s the lime and mint combo – so good!
7. Spa Water: cold water, no ice, with cucumber and berries
8. Mexican Chiapas Nicasio Coffee – black, fresh-brewed
9. Califia Holiday Nog – if only I could have this all year round
10. Almost any surprise mocktail! I love having fancy drinks when we are out, without the alcohol.
I’d LOVE to hear some of your favorite drinks so I can try them, too!