I LOVE hearing what people have for dinner! I think it’s because I find it a never-ending struggle to create ease in our dinner planning.
We have two vegetarians, one vegan, one who doesn’t eat red meat and one who eats all meat but hates mushrooms and peas.
It’s kind of tricky to plan meals around here.
**10 THINGS WE MAKE FOR DINNER**
Here are some of our regulars/favorites:
1. Pasta w vegan pesto.Kale pesto from Trader Joe’s is excellent.
2. Taco/Burrito Bar. Ground Beyond Burger, black and refried beans, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, avocado, salsa, flour and/or corn tortillas. It’s a family favorite.
3. Coconut Lemongrass Soup – recipe by Tess Masters. I found crushed lemongrass in a tube a game changer.
4. Posole – My brother made us Chicken Posole 18 years ago and I was fascinated at the iceberg lettuce on the bottom of the bowl. The hominy makes it heartier and we add chickpeas or vegan chick’n for protein.
5. Whole Foods Soup from the fridge section (tomato, vegan chicken noodle) with a crusty baguette.
6. Waffles or pancakes with smoothies and sausage (vegan & reg). We make extra waffles and can eat them for breakfast, too.
7. Stir Fry – broccoli, carrots, mushrooms (picked out by some), onions, tofu made crispy plus chicken to add – with rice. Simple and good for you.
8. Creamy tomato sausage pasta – My brother and his wife made this 20 years ago at a dinner party and I fell in love. We’ve figured out how to make a vegan version that is really good and usually make one vegan, one regular. The original recipe is called Cavatappi with Sausage and Tomato via Williams Sonoma. We make a simplified version (canned tomatoes) but still love it so much.
9. Build your own pizza – purchased crusts, vegan and regular mozzarella, spinach, red peppers, ham & pineapple (my fav), other veggies for our vegan. (Only three of us add more than cheese)
10. Burgers and fries – Beyond Burgers, Dr. Praeger’s (two of us don’t love Beyond Burgers), regular fries and sweet potato fries – plus Edamame in the shell.
Now please tell me your regular or favorite meals so I can add them to our list!