I'm running out of list ideas that feel like they'll have flow in writing. This is the list that came to me today.
When you are trying to do a new list most days in a month… well, sometimes you have to go with the one that shows up.
So here are a list of unrelated things you may not know about me:
1. I haven’t balanced my bank account for 30 years. (Do other people still balance theirs?)
2. I had a belly button piercing until I got pregnant with our first daughter. I’ll repierce it again one day soon.
3. I have 7 siblings: 3 sisters, 4 brothers. I share the same biological mom and dad with one sibling and the rest are blessings from different parental pairings. Every one of my sibs is an incredible gift to me.
4. I made it to the countywide spelling bee in 5th grade. Lost my seat on the word: camouflage.
5. Our little family had photos in the Bend Bulletin newspaper on three different occasions, two where they came to our house (and the grocery store) to take photos of our activities. [pic is one of these]
6. We lost my older brother, Davey, to an alcohol overdose when he was 22 and I was 15. I wrote a song about him in high school and still sing it in my head sometimes.
7. I was married when I was 27 – 29. Jim and I are a second marriage for both of us. No kids in our first marriages.
8. I used to be able to put both feet behind my head and walk on my hands. I can’t do that anymore.
9. I’m not a fan of the idea of ghosts. I have lots of friends who love them, think of them as friendly and fascinating. I can’t even talk about it or I’ll never sleep that night.
10. I had a poem published in a poetry anthology when I was 13. Here it is: *There is no definition of love, for love explains itself once it’s experienced.* I still feel like that’s true, even though I’m not sure it was really a great poem.