This past week, I had yet another conversation with a brilliant client who is concerned they aren’t expert enough to take a stand for their ideas. I am so committed to blowing up this idea into oblivion because it keeps so many brilliant people quiet!
And here’s the thing, it’s not like I don’t get it. Ohhhh do I get it. I spent six years staying quiet and small in my work because deep down, I didn’t believe I was good enough to take a stand for my message.
In this episode, I broaden the conceptual idea of speaking by offering up different kinds of speakers and their talks. I came up with 4 so far, but I know there are more… and they definitely aren’t mutually exclusive.
You’ll hear about:
- What makes an “expert” speaker and examples of well known speakers in this category.
- How to be a “Disruptor” in your speaking and two awesome examples of speakers who tend toward this kind of talk.
- The kind of talk that doesn’t button everything up at the end and instead inspires you to think and question the status quo.
- Ways that talents like music and magic tricks enhance particular types of talks and when these kinds of speakers are often brought in to speak.
- My secret bucket list dream
I hope this episode inspires you to get out there with great excitement and confidence, knowing there are many powerful ways to serve an audience.
If you love this episode, be sure to get a copy of my book at: MichelleBarryFranco.com/FreeBook and join our email community! I share so many goodies there