In the presentation skills training I facilitate, I’m often asked the question: What do I do if my content is just boring?
The truth is, your content can’t be boring or no one will pay attention – it’s just the facts.
The good news is – there is no inherently boring content! There is only content that hasn’t been crafted in a way that engages that particular audience.
This applies to presentations as well as emails, conversations with clients, business partners and your kids or parents as well.
I created this episode to help you take any content and make it way more interesting.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- The first and most important thing you must do to craft content that will engage any audience (it’s magical, really)
- What working in the insurance industry taught me about creating engaging content
- Why stories are important, no matter what your topic – and how to choose ones that work
- How to approach your content with the right intention so the audience or person walks away with their needs met
- Ways to narrow and focus your content to meet the needs of the audience or the person you are speaking with
I hope this episode helps you brighten up and focus your content in a way that lights up your audience, whether that’s one person or a whole auditorium full of people.
Want a copy of Michelle Book, Beyond Applause: Make a Meaningful Difference Through Transformational Speaking? Go here: MichelleBarryFranco.com/FreeBook