I was terrified when I read this idea from @shastamnelson so I knew I had to do it.
My heart was racing when I started this list and my brain kept telling me I couldn’t PUBLICLY share things I love about my body, especially *right now.*
What if that makes people look at my body?!!
By the end, my crows feet were fully activated (see #2) and I’m still giggling over here in my office all alone.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still freaking out a bit, but here goes…
1. I have pretty feet and I often have them nicely pedicured, with cute toe rings to show them off.
2. My eyes are surrounded by crows feet that remind me how much I’ve enjoyed belly laughing my whole life.
3. My legs are short so it’s easy to sit in airplanes and still have my bag at my feet. This is important because I shuffle things in and out of my bag endlessly when I travel.
4. I like the way my ears sit – out enough for some dimension but not so much that they distract from my face.
5. The deep set of my eyes makes them a bit more dramatic, especially with lots of mascara and concealer.
6. My curly hair makes for a great deal of variety in looks. It may or may not be fabulous, but it’s never boring.
7. I’m deeply grateful that when we decided to have babies, my body got pregnant without difficulty. I know this isn’t the case for everyone and I don’t take it for granted.
8. More than one person has told me that I give awesome “Mom” hugs. Part of that is because my body is roundish, soft, warm and comfortable in a hug.
9. My teeth are mostly straight and I’ve never had to go through the trouble of braces. They’ve shifted a bit in recent years, but I still love them beaming through when I smile.
10. Let’s round this list out with my feet again: I wear a size 9.5. I’m 5’ 2” tall, so this just feels badass. It makes me feel strong and stable to have these feet.
Now you: What do you love about your body?